- 14-oz. can lite coconut milk
- 1 cup water or vegetable broth
- 1 lb. extra-firm tofu, drained and diced
- 2 Tbs. fresh ginger, minced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 scallions (white and light green parts), chopped
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 5 oz. shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and diced (2 cups)
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1 cup peeled and diced butternut squash
- 4 cups slivered bok choy
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
In large saucepan, combine coconut milk, water or broth, tofu, half the ginger, half the garlic, half the scallions, and salt and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes. Turn off heat.
Transfer 1 1/2 cups coconut milk mixture to large pot. Add mushrooms, carrots, squash, remaining ginger, garlic and scallions. Cover and simmer over medium heat until vegetables are just tender, about 5 minutes.
Add bok choy to pot and stir just until it begins to wilt, about 45 to 50 seconds. Add cilantro.
Pour remaining coconut mixture over cooked vegetables and stir gently to combine and distribute tofu evenly. Serve hot.
- Calories: 181
- Carbohydrate Content: 21 g
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 473 mg