Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
This sweet-and-savory grain bowl features several tasty ingredients topped with a creamy, yogurt-based, lime-laced dressing. (Feel free to use a dairy-free Greek-style yogurt.) Cubed tofu adds protein to make it a full meal. To make this recipe gluten-free, try sorghum or brown rice in place of wheat berries.
More Related Recipes to Try Next:
Confetti Chickpea Grain Bowls with Lemon Herb Dressing
Smoky Vegetable and Wheat Berry Stew
Buckwheat Waffles with Cranberry-Maple Syrup
Wheat Berry Salad with Pomegranates and Pistachios
- Rinse wheat berries under cold running water in colander. Transfer to large, heavy saucepan, and add 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, partly covered, 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until tender but suntil firm. Drain, rinse, and let cool.
- While wheat berries are cooking, whisk together yogurt, lime juice, and agave in small bowl. Set aside.
- Transfer wheat berries to large bowl, and add pomegranate seeds, onion, pistachios, arugula, and chicken or tofu. Add yogurt dressing, and toss to mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Chill 30 minutes before serving to allow flavors blend, or divide among four serving plates. Top with goat cheese, if desired, before serving.
- Serving Size Per serving (with chicken)
- Calories 370
- Carbohydrate Content 49 g
- Cholesterol Content 50 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 29 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 55 mg
- Sugar Content 12 g