Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Take cherry flavor to the max with this healthy crumble. The filling is sweetened with cherry juice and dried cherries, while the topping is made with whole-wheat pastry flour. (Note: If you want to use tart cherries in this recipe, add 1/2 cup brown rice syrup to the filling ingredients.)
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. To make Three-Cherry Filling: Combine fresh cherries, juice and dried cherries in large nonreactive saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low, and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in cornstarch. Spoon into 9×9-inch baking dish.
3. To make Sesame Seed Topping: Stir together flour and sesame seeds in large bowl. Whisk together vegetable oil, rice syrup and vanilla in small bowl. Stir oil mixture into flour mixture until it clumps together.
4. Crumble topping over cherry filling. Bake 45 minutes, or until topping is golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Calories 375
- Carbohydrate Content 54 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 47 mg
- Sugar Content 25 g