Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
The beets can be prepared a day before you plan to serve this veggie medley. The peas, however, should be prepped right before you plan to serve, as they’ll cook quickly – and can easily overcook.
Three Green Peas and Golden Beets Medley
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place three beets on large piece of foil, and spoon olive oil over top. Wrap tightly so oil will not leak out. Bake 50–60 minutes, until beets are tender. Set aside to cool.
- When cooled, remove beet skin with paper towel, and dice beets. Heat non-stick skillet over medium heat, add butter and melt. Add peas and beets, and cook until just tender, 3–5 minutes. Add almonds, and season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
- Calories 180
- Carbohydrate Content 16 g
- Cholesterol Content 10 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3.5 g
- Sodium Content 65 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g