Roasted vegetables are always a treat. The natural sugar in the vegetables caramelizes during roasting and creates an incredibly sweet-savory flavor.
- 8 oz. shallots, peeled
- 2 medium red-skinned potatoes, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium turnips, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small rutabaga, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh thyme
Preheat oven to 450°F. In large bowl, combine vegtables, garlic, oil, thyme, and salt and freshly ground pepper to taste; toss to coat evenly.
Transfer coated vegetables to large baking dish and bake until tender and browned, 35 to 40 minutes. Serve hot.
- Calories: 147
- Carbohydrate Content: 20 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 38 mg