This is really more a method than a strict recipe. Select a quality commercial walnut bread or make your own.
- 4 to 5 oz. creamy blue cheese
- 4 slices rustic country walnut bread
- 2 Tbs. softened butter or margarine
Divide cheese and 1/2 cup caramelized onions between 2 slices bread. Top with remaining 2 slices and spread half softened butter on top. Heat skillet for several minutes. Place sandwiches buttered side down in skillet. Spread remaining butter on top.
Partially cover and cook until bread is golden brown, about 3 minutes. Turn and brown other side. Serve immediately.
- Calories: 540
- Carbohydrate Content: 38 g
- Cholesterol Content: 80 mg
- Fat Content: 36 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 19 g
- Sodium Content: 1140 mg