Muesli is usually made with uncooked rolled oats, nuts, and fruit. Here, a small amount of agave nectar and a granola-style baking step give this mix a toasted flavor that’s healthful without tasting like health food.
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup agave nectar or brown rice syrup
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds or shelled raw pistachios
- 1 cup dried cranberries, dried cherries, or chopped dried apricots
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
2. Whisk together oil, agave nectar, and almond and vanilla extracts in large bowl. Add oats and almonds, and toss to coat.
3. Divide oat mixture between prepared baking sheets, and bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden, stirring every 5 to 10 minutes to prevent burning. Cool on baking sheets. Stir in dried fruit.
- Calories: 254
- Carbohydrate Content: 33 g
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sugar Content: 16 g