Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
This hearty bread salad is ideal for picnics and cookouts because the longer it sits, the better it gets. Try making it with colorful heirloom tomatoes.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread bread cubes on baking sheet. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
2. Heat oil in small saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook garlic 2 minutes, or until fragrant.
3. Place all remaining ingredients in large serving bowl. Add olive oil mixture, and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let stand 20 minutes to allow flavors to develop. Adjust seasonings if necessary, and serve.
- Calories 260
- Carbohydrate Content 29 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 266 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g