With its very creamy texture and toffee-coffee color, this pudding stars deep, rich coffee flavors with a toffee crunch.
- 2 cups coffee-flavored soymilk
- 1 cup strong coffee
- 4 1/2 Tbs. cornstarch
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, or to taste
- 1 Tbs. vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed Heath Bar candy
- 1 cup soy sour cream, optional
Scald soymilk, and add 3/4 cup coffee. Remove from heat, and set aside.
Whisk remaining coffee and cornstarch together, and heat in saucepan, stirring until cornstarch dissolves. Stir in sugar and scalded soymilk. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to thicken. Stir in vanilla extract.
When pudding is thick, scoop into heat-proof dish. Sprinkle top with 1 cup crushed candy. Set aside to cool. When serving, top with sour cream, if desired.
- Calories: 460
- Carbohydrate Content: 62 g
- Cholesterol Content: 30 mg
- Fat Content: 22 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 11 g
- Sodium Content: 320 mg
- Sugar Content: 42 g