This longtime dessert favorite at Mildreds is easy to re-create at home. Be sure to use agar powder, not flakes, and creamed coconut, not coconut milk, for the best taste and creamiest texture. Because agar powder’s gelling power can vary from brand to brand, we’ve provided a range measurement. Start with the smallest amount, and add more if the filling looks thin.
1. To make Biscuit Base: Process biscuits and chocolate chips in food processor until finely chopped. Add margarine, and pulse until combined.
2. Press Biscuit Base in bottom of 10-inch springform pan, packing down with back of hand.
3. To make Filling: Bring maple syrup, apple juice, sugar, and agar powder to a boil in large saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 10 minutes, stirring often.
4. Transfer mixture to blender, add tofu and creamed coconut, and blend until smooth.
5. Slice bananas, and place over Biscuit Base. Pour tofu mixture over top. Chill until set. Garnish with toasted coconut.
- Calories 409
- Carbohydrate Content 50 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 22 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 12 g
- Sodium Content 175 mg
- Sugar Content 30 g