Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Tomatoes and carrots grow better when planted side-by-side in the gardenand they taste great together too.
1. Heat olive oil in large pot over medium heat. Add onions and pepper, and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until softened, stirring often. Add garlic, and cook 1 minute more, or until fragrant.
2. Stir in tomatoes, carrots, tofu, sage, and bay leaf. Season with salt and pepper. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer about 1 hour, or until carrots are tender. Remove bay leaf.
3. After cacciatore has simmered about 45 minutes, cook pasta according to package directions. Serve cacciatore over pasta.
- Calories 211
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 512 mg
- Sugar Content 11 g