Once you’ve discovered how easy it is to use tofu as a custard in this dessert, you’ll want to make it all the time. Fresh vanilla bean masks the “soy” flavor of the tofu so all you get is the smooth, creamy texture. This version is topped with fresh mango and kiwi, but choose any favorite fruit that’s in season.
- 2 12-oz. pkgs. silken lite firm tofu, drained
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 6-oz. prepared graham cracker crust
- 1 small mango, peeled, pitted, halved, and thinly sliced
- 1 kiwi, peeled and thinly sliced
Place tofu and confectioners’ sugar in bowl of food processor. Purée 3 minutes, or until smooth, scraping down sides often.
Cut vanilla bean in half lengthwise, and scrape seeds into tofu mixture with back of small knife. Pulse in food processor 30 seconds, or until blended.
Spread tofu mixture in graham cracker crust. Arrange mango and kiwi slices in concentric circles on top of tart. Chill 2 hours to set.
- Calories: 218
- Carbohydrate Content: 35 g
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 188 mg
- Sugar Content: 25 g