Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
This dish is packed with heart-healthy soy protein, energizing B vitamins and provides 112 percent of your daily needs for manganese, a nutrient essential to enhancing your body’s own natural antioxidant defense system.
- Remove tofu from package, wrap it in paper towels and gently squeeze down to remove excess liquid. Try not to crumble the tofu. Cut into ½″ pieces.
- Heat skillet on medium heat (don’t add oil), and cook tofu, 5 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and set aside on a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Add oil to skillet. Sauté garlic and frozen vegetables until fragrant. Add a little water to keep vegetables from sticking. Cover with a lid to steam, about 2 minutes. Add the brown rice and heat through. Mix in half of the scallions and reserve the rest for garnish.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl; mix well. Toss the sauce with the vegetable and brown rice mixture. Add the tofu and mix with the other ingredients to combine flavors. Garnish with remaining scallions.
- Calories 435
- Carbohydrate Content 61 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 23 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 529 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g