These single-serving-size frittatas are very tender, even after baking. Try wrapping in warm tortillas with your favorite taco toppings.
- 2 1/4 cups red onion, chopped (1 medium), divided
- 1 1/4 cups coarsely chopped poblano chile, plus 1/4 cup finely chopped (2 medium), divided
- 1 cup canned low-sodium pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 Tbs. cornstarch
- 6 oz. soy chorizo, such as Soyrizo, crumbled
- 6 oz. extra-firm tofu, drained and pressed dry
- 1 1/4 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped cilantro, divided
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Make 4 large circles of cooking spray on large, rimmed baking sheet.
2. Coat large ovenproof nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add 2 cups onion, coarsely chopped poblano, and 2 Tbs. water. Cover, and cook over medium-high heat 5 minutes, or until softened, stirring occasionally.
3. Mash beans in bowl with potato masher (some whole beans may remain). Whisk together 1 Tbs. lime juice and cornstarch in bowl until cornstarch dissolves.
4. Add soy chorizo to skillet with onion and poblano, and crumble in tofu. Sauté 5 minutes, or until mixture looks dry. Stir in beans, cornstarch mixture, 1/4 cup corn, 1/2 cup cilantro, and chili powder. Cook 1 minute, tossing to combine.
5. Drop 4 1-cup mounds of mixture onto prepared baking sheet. Press each mound with spatula to 5-inch-diameter round. Bake 10 minutes, or until browned and firm to touch. 6. Toss together remaining 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped poblano, 1 Tbs. lime juice, 1 cup corn, 1/4 cup cilantro, and 1/4 tsp. salt in bowl for salsa. Serve frittatas with salsa.
- Calories: 261
- Carbohydrate Content: 39 g
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 431 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g