Tofu Niçoise Salad
Who needs tuna (the traditional protein in this iconic salad) when you have seasoned, baked tofu? This salad is so easy to assemble you could throw it together in minutes for a weekday lunch—as long as you steam the green beans beforehand.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Mushrooms and green beans replace the customary potatoes in this salad, adding complex carbs and extra fiber. The fresh citrus juice brightens a prepared dressing.
- 1/4 cup low-fat Italian dressing, such as Newman's Own
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups baby salad greens
- 4 medium-sized tomatoes, each cut into 4 wedges
- 2 8-oz. pkg. Italian-style baked tofu, cut into 8 slices each
- 1/4 lb. baby green beans, steamed and chilled
- 4 medium-sized white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 16 black nicoise olives
1. Whisk together Italian dressing, lemon juice, garlic and pepper. Let stand 10 minutes.
2. Divide salad greens among 4 large salad plates. Arrange 4 tomato wedges and 4 slices of tofu on top. Divide green beans equally among salads. Scatter on mushrooms and 4 olives each. Drizzle each with 1 Tbs. dressing.
- Calories 260
- Carbohydrate Content 17 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 21 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 830 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g