Raita is a classic Indian condiment, typically made with yogurt and served with hot and spicy foods. Our version calls for tofu and lots of cucumber, scallions and dill to lend a fresh flavor.
- 16-oz. pkg. firm tofu, drained
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. coarse salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper or to taste
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced scallions (white and light green parts) or chives
- 1 medium cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded and chopped
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh dill or 1 tsp. dried
In blender or food processor, combine all ingredients. Blend or process until creamy and almost smooth. Transfer to bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Calories: 48
- Carbohydrate Content: 2 g
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 103 mg