Use canned tomatoes when fresh are less than perfect.
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbs. drained capers
- 2 Tbs. olive oil, preferably extra-virgin
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 16 large brine-cured black olives, pitted and chopped
- 13-oz. pkg. fresh or frozen tofu ravioli (egg or spinach pasta, or both)
- 4 ripe, large tomatoes, coarsely chopped, or 28-oz. can plum tomatoes,drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ravioli; stir to prevent sticking. Cook ravioli until just tender, about 8 minutes for fresh; 15 minutes for frozen.
Meanwhile, in large shallow serving bowl, combine tomatoes, parsley, chopped olives, garlic, capers, oil and pepper.
Drain ravioli and add to tomato mixture. Toss well to combine. Adjust seasoning to taste, divide among plates and garnish with whole black olives if desired.
- Calories: 295
- Carbohydrate Content: 40 g
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 268 mg