Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Thin slices of Asian pear add sweetness to this tofu stir-fry without losing their shape. Serve with steamed rice.
1. Heat 2 tsp. sesame oil in wok over high heat. Add tofu, and cook 10 minutes, or until golden on two or more sides, turning occasionally. Transfer tofu to plate.
2. Heat remaining 2 tsp. sesame oil in wok over high heat. Add carrots, and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add Asian pear and bell pepper, and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add garlic and green onions, and stir-fry 1 minute more. Return tofu to wok with vegetables.
3. Whisk together hoisin and soy sauces and vinegar in small bowl. Pour over wok mixture, and stir until tofu is heated through. Serve topped with cashews.
- Calories 255
- Carbohydrate Content 22 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 334 mg
- Sugar Content 11 g