Spring leeks, juicy tomatoes and fresh, fragrant dill combine with tofu to create a tempting, saucy entree. Vegetable broth may be substituted for the wine.
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 3 medium leeks (white and light green parts), rinsed well and chopped
- 1 lb. firm tofu, drained well and diced
- 2 large or 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup pitted sliced green olives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 3 Tbs. soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. dry white wine or sherry
- 1 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. tomato paste
- 1 Tbs. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. dark sesame oil
Prepare some quinoa or quick-cooking brown rice to serve as a bed of grains for this dish. You can also steam any leftover vegetables from the week, such as asparagus, carrots or peas.
In large nonstick skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add leeks and cook until tender, stirring often, about 8 minutes.
Stir in remaining ingredients and mix well. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 5 minutes. Serve hot.
- Calories: 174
- Carbohydrate Content: 14 g
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 19 mg