- 2 (16-oz.) cans cannellini (large white beans), rinsed and drained
- 28-oz. can stewed tomatoes
- 2 scallions (green parts only), chopped
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 Tbs. minced fresh cilantro or dill or more to taste
- 1 to 2 tsp. salt-free herb-and-spice seasoning mix or to taste
In food processor, puree half of beans until smooth. Add tomatoes with their liquid and scallions, and puree until smooth.
Transfer puree to large saucepan. Stir in remaining beans, broth, cilantro, seasoning mix and pepper. Warm through over low heat, stirring occasionally. Serve hot.
- Calories: 214
- Carbohydrate Content: 42 g
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 12 g
- Sodium Content: 195 mg