Tomato, Avocado and Fresh Cheese Salad
30 MINUTES OR LESS…
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
30 MINUTES OR LESS
- 1 lb. (1 round) queso fresco cheese
- 3 ripe, slightly firm avocados, peeled and pitted
- 2 slices mild red onion, separated into rings
- 1 bunch red radishes, thinly sliced
- 5 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 8 grinds fresh black pepper
- 3 Tbs. coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3 Tbs. coarsely chopped fresh coriander leaves
Cut tomatoes, cheese and avocados into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Using lime halves, squirt juice on avocados to prevent darkening.
To serve, alternate slices of tomato, cheese and avocado in rows or circles on serving platter.
Place onion rings on tomatoes, cheese and avocado, and arrange with radish slices on top.
Combine oil, 2 tablespoons lime juice, sugar, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad, and sprinkle with herbs.
- Calories 300
- Carbohydrate Content 13 g
- Cholesterol Content 20 mg
- Fat Content 25 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 210 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g