Chopped parsley gives this cucumber-and-tomatoes combo a bright, zesty twist. Let the salad stand 10 minutes so the vegetables release their juices.
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 4 tomatoes, halved and sliced
- 1 English cucumber, peeled, halved, and sliced (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup packed parsley leaves, finely chopped
1 | Soak onion in bowl of cold water 10 minutes; drain.
2 | Whisk together oil and lemon juice in large bowl. Stir in onion, then add tomatoes and cucumber, and toss. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and sprinkle with parsley.
- Calories: 85
- Carbohydrate Content: 5 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 8 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g