Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
The gentle heat of a rice cooker turns out perfect no-stir risottos.
1. Set rice cooker setting to “sauté” (or similar), and preheat 2 to 3 minutes. Add pine nuts, and toast 5 to 6 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove pine nuts from cooker, and set aside.
2. Add oil to rice cooker, and heat 1 minute. Stir in garlic, and heat 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden, stirring occasionally. Pour in rice, and cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in tomatoes, and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Add wine, and simmer 5 minutes, or until wine has cooked down.
3. Adjust rice cooker setting to “risotto” or “slow cook” (or similar). Add broth, tomato juice, and salt; cover, and cook 20 to 30 minutes, or until risotto is cooked through and soft. Let stand 5 minutes, then season with salt and pepper, if desired. Top with basil and pine nuts, and drizzle with truffle oil (if using).
- Calories 355
- Carbohydrate Content 61 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 245 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g