The simplest recipes are often the best, especially in summer when produce is at its peak. Here, all it takes is a little olive oil and Italian seasoning to bring out the natural flavors of tomatoes and squash.
- 20 multi-colored cherry tomatoes, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 16 1-inch-thick slices yellow summer squash
- 2 Tbs. finely grated Parmesan cheese
1. Purée 4 cherry tomatoes, 1/4 cup oil, and Italian seasoning in blender or small food processor until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Set aside.
2. Preheat grill to medium-high, and brush grates with remaining 1 tsp. oil.
3. Combine squash slices and remaining 16 cherry tomatoes with puréed mixture in shallow baking dish; stir to coat. Let stand at room temperature 20 to 30 minutes.
4. Thread 2 cherry tomatoes and 2 squash slices onto eight 10-inch bamboo skewers.
5. Grill skewers 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until squash is tender and tomatoes are bursting slightly. Sprinkle with Parmesan, and serve.
- Calories: 82
- Carbohydrate Content: 3 g
- Cholesterol Content: 1 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 0.5 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 26 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g