Deb Barley of Elizabethtown, Pa., loves creating healthful new recipes with the fresh summer produce from her organic garden.
- 1 16-oz. pkg. refrigerated prepared cheese tortellini
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 4 green onions, white and light green parts chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 2 carrots, chopped (1 cup)
- 5 button mushrooms, sliced (1 cup)
- 1 7-oz. bag baby spinach
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 pt. cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 15-oz. can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese, optional
1. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain, and set aside.
2. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add green onions and garlic, and sauté 2 minutes. Add carrots and mushrooms, and cook 3 minutes more. Stir in spinach and wine, and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until spinach wilts.
3. Stir in tomatoes, beans, and Italian seasoning, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until heated through. Fold in tortellini. Divide among serving plates, and top with grated Pecorino Romano cheese, if using.
- Calories: 365
- Carbohydrate Content: 54 g
- Cholesterol Content: 32 mg
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 443 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g