Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Deb Barley of Elizabethtown, Pa., loves creating healthful new recipes with the fresh summer produce from her organic garden.
1. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain, and set aside.
2. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add green onions and garlic, and sauté 2 minutes. Add carrots and mushrooms, and cook 3 minutes more. Stir in spinach and wine, and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until spinach wilts.
3. Stir in tomatoes, beans, and Italian seasoning, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until heated through. Fold in tortellini. Divide among serving plates, and top with grated Pecorino Romano cheese, if using.
- Calories 365
- Carbohydrate Content 54 g
- Cholesterol Content 32 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 443 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g