- 2 9-oz. pkg. fresh cheese tortellini
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes plus 3 Tbs. of the oil
- 4 shallots, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper, or more to taste
- 4 bunches watercress, well rinsed and tough stems removed
- 1 cup vegetable broth or pasta water, or more as needed
- 2 15.5-oz. cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
1. Cook tortellini in large pot of lightly salted boiling water, stirring occasionally, according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water, if using instead of broth. Toss pasta with 1 Tbs. sun-dried tomato oil, and set aside.
2. Heat remaining oil in same pot over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic, and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in crushed red pepper.
3. Add watercress to pot with broth, sun-dried tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cook until watercress is limp but still bright green, about 2 minutes. Stir in beans, and heat through for 1 minute. Add reserved pasta, and toss gently to combine. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and cheese, and serve. Pass additional Parmesan at the table.
- Calories: 430
- Carbohydrate Content: 57 g
- Cholesterol Content: 15 mg
- Fat Content: 16 g
- Fiber Content: 12 g
- Protein Content: 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 520 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g