Incorporating some classic flavor and ingredient combinations, this sumptuous entrée calls for a tossed salad with assertive greens. A simple apple tart makes the perfect conclusion.
- 1 9-oz. pkg. fresh mushroom-filled tortelloni
- 2 Tbs. soy margarine or butter
- 2 Tbs. flour
- 2 cups low-fat or whole milk
- 8 oz. shredded Jarlsberg or Swiss cheese
- 8 oz. cremini or other wild mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 Tbs. chopped parsley for garnish
Cook tortelloni according to package directions. Drain, and set aside.
Melt margarine in saucepan over medium heat, and stir in flour. Cook, stirring constantly, about 30 seconds, or until flour is completely incorporated with margarine. Add milk all at once, stirring constantly, and continue cooking over medium heat until mixture thickens slightly.
Add cheese, three-quarters of mushrooms, nutmeg, salt and pepper, reduce heat and continue cooking over medium-low heat until cheese melts.
To serve, place pasta in large bowl, pour cheese-mushroom mixture over top and garnish with remaining mushrooms and parsley.
This easy-to-prepare pasta sauce calls for an easy-to-drink red wine that will heighten the mushroom-cheese mix. Focus your wine choice on E&M Guigal Côtes-du-Rhône.
- Calories: 360
- Carbohydrate Content: 28 g
- Cholesterol Content: 55 mg
- Fat Content: 19 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 21 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10 g
- Sodium Content: 400 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g