- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 small zucchini, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black soybeans (if canned, rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup canned whole tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 4 Tbs. shredded Jack cheese
- 4 tsp. chopped cilantro (optional)
- 2 cups yellow corn tortilla chips
1. In large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion, jalapeño and garlic and cook, stirring often, until onion is slightly soft, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add broth, oregano, zucchini, soybeans and tomatoes.
3. Cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is almost soft, about 3 minutes. Stir in lime juice.
4. Ladle soup into bowls and top each serving with some cheese and cilantro if using; top with tortilla chips. Serve hot with hot sauce on the side.
- Calories: 355
- Carbohydrate Content: 29 g
- Cholesterol Content: 7 mg
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 18 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 496 mg