Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today and save 20%!.
Toast the bread and make the dressing a day ahead. Cut all the greens up to a day ahead, an store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Toss bread with 2 Tbs. oil in large bowl, then transfer to baking sheet. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until golden.
- Place vinegar and shallot in small bowl, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Whisk in remaining 1/3 cup oil.
- Combine radicchio and kale in large bowl. Add 6 Tbs. dressing, toss well, then gently massage greens to slightly wilt them. Add endives, dates, and croutons, and gently toss to combine. Offer extra vinaigrette at the table.
- Calories 221
- Carbohydrate Content 24 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 147 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g