This classic and colorful Italian salad is simple to make, pretty to look at, and delicious to eat. You can make the vinaigrette and assemble the greens in a mixing bowl ahead of time for serving ease at dinnertime—just keep the greens covered to preserve freshness.
- 7 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. pure maple syrup
- 5 oz. baby arugula leaves (10 cups, loosely packed)
- 2 large Belgian endive (6 leaves each), cut crosswise into 3/4-inch-wide strips, cores discarded
- 1 7-oz. head radicchio, quartered, cored, and sliced into ribbons
- 3 oz. Roquefort or creamy blue cheese, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped toasted hazelnuts
1. To make Vinaigrette: Whisk together oil, vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest, mustard, and maple syrup in glass measuring cup. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
2. To make Salad: Toss together arugula, endive, and radicchio in large bowl. Add 3 to 4 Tbs. Vinaigrette, and toss to coat.
3. Divide Salad among serving plates. Sprinkle with Roquefort and toasted hazelnuts. Drizzle with more Vinaigrette, if desired.
- Calories: 165
- Carbohydrate Content: 6 g
- Cholesterol Content: 13 mg
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 275 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g