Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
No one will guess this rich, elegant tart is vegan.
1. To make Crust: Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, and salt in bowl. Rub margarine into flour mixture with fingers until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle in vanilla, and stir. Add 1 to 2 Tbs. cold water until dough clumps together loosely. Press dough into pie dish or tart pan until sides and bottom are covered. Chill in freezer 30 minutes.
2. To make Filling: Preheat oven to 375°F. Spread nuts on baking sheet, and bake 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned.
3. Melt margarine and chocolate in saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth. Sprinkle in flour and salt, and stir until smooth. Stir in maple syrup and vanilla. Stir in nuts.
4. Spread nut mixture in piecrust. Bake 25 minutes, or until crust is golden and filling is firm. Cool on wire rack at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Calories 459
- Carbohydrate Content 38 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 33.5 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 8 g
- Sodium Content 225 mg
- Sugar Content 16 g