This crunchy-chewy salad tastes great on its own or can be used to stuff pita bread or fill wrap sandwiches. It will keep for up to two days in the fridge as well, just be sure to add the arugula or alfalfa sprouts right before serving so they don’t get limp.
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. white miso
- 1 cup crunchy bean sprouts, such as lentils, green peas, and adzuki beans
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 4 green onions, white and green parts chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped orange bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1 cup arugula or alfalfa sprouts
- 4 cups watercress
1. To make Miso-Lime Dressing: whisk together all ingredients in small bowl.
2. To make Triple Sprout Salad: Toss together crunchy sprouts, mung bean sprouts, green onions, tomatoes, bell pepper, cilantro, and sesame seeds in large bowl. Add Miso-Lime Dressing, and toss to coat. Separate arugula sprouts with your fingers, and stir into salad mixture. Serve on bed of watercress.
- Calories: 138
- Carbohydrate Content: 14 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 61 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g