30 minutes or fewer
Tapioca, tofu and coconut are Asian staples. In this recipe, theyre put together to make a lusciously creamy, western-style fruit tart.
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca pearls
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 14-oz. can lite coconut milk
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 8 oz. silken soft tofu
- 1 banana, thinly sliced
- 1 mango, diced
- 2 kiwis, sliced
- 1 8-inch prepared vanilla wafer pie crust
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes, toasted
Combine tapioca pearls, egg, coconut milk, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla in saucepan; let sit 5 minutes. Cook according to tapioca package directions. Remove from heat, and set aside.
Meanwhile, put tofu in blender, and purée until smooth. Spoon tofu into mixing bowl, and stir in tapioca mixture. Gently stir in sliced fruit, and spoon mixture into pie crust. Chill about 20 minutes. To serve, sprinkle with toasted coconut flakes and confectioners’ sugar, as desired.
- Calories: 360
- Carbohydrate Content: 49 g
- Cholesterol Content: 40 mg
- Fat Content: 16 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Sodium Content: 110 mg
- Sugar Content: 30 g