Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Truffle oil and earthy wild mushrooms turn a simple ragoût into a sublime main dish. Truffle oil is a worthwhile investment. A few drops can transform roasted vegetables, bean dishes, and even a plain ol’ bowl of mashed potatoes.
Truffled Wild Mushrooms over Whipped White Beans
1. Heat 1 tsp. oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add leek and sauté 2 minutes. Stir in beans, broth, garlic, and thyme. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer bean mixture to food processor, and blend until creamy and smooth. Return to skillet, cover, and keep warm.
2. Heat remaining 1 tsp. oil in medium skillet over high heat. Add mushrooms and sauté 8 minutes, or until soft and brown. Season with salt and pepper, and stir in parsley.
3. Spoon whipped bean mixture into shallow bowls. Top with equal portions of mushrooms. Drizzle each serving with 1/2 tsp. truffle oil, and serve.
- Calories 299
- Carbohydrate Content 46 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 17 g
- Protein Content 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 691 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g