This quick riff on an Italian classic gets multi-layered flavors from mushrooms, garlic, and a splash of lemon.
1. Combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan, and 2 tsp. oil in small bowl. Set aside.
2. Heat remaining 1 Tbs. oil and butter in large ovenproof skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add mushrooms; increase heat to medium-high. Stir, cover pan, and cook 5 to 6 minutes, or until mushrooms are lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
3. Uncover pan, add garlic, and stir 30 seconds. Add kale, and cook 2 minutes, or until wilted. Add beans, broth, and 3/4 cup water. Cover, and simmer 6 to 8 minutes, or until liquid has reduced by about three-quarters. Stir in 1 tsp. lemon juice, and remove from heat. Add 1 more tsp. lemon juice, if desired.
4. Heat broiler to high. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over stew, and broil 3 minutes, or until topping is golden.
- Calories 321
- Carbohydrate Content 39 g
- Cholesterol Content 13 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 12 g
- Protein Content 18 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 373 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g