Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
When half of the vinaigrette for this meal-size salad is poured over the hot potatoes, it soaks into the spuds and flavors them before the final layer of dressing is added.
1. To make Walnut-Tarragon Vinaigrette: Whisk together vinegar and mustard in small bowl. Whisk in olive oil and walnut oil. Whisk in tarragon and salt (if using). Stir in shallot. Set aside to allow flavors to develop.
2. To make Two-Tone Potato Salad: Place boiling potatoes in pot with enough salted water to cover by 1 inch, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and cook 5 to 6 minutes, or until just tender. Drain, and transfer to large bowl.
3. Place sweet potato in separate pot with enough salted water to cover by 1 inch, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until just tender. Drain, and transfer to bowl with boiling potatoes.
4. Toss both types of hot potatoes with half of Walnut-Tarragon Vinaigrette in large bowl. Cool salad completely. Stir in arugula, tomatoes, celery, walnuts, and remaining vinaigrette just before serving.
- Calories 293
- Carbohydrate Content 28 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 19 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 191 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g