This pasta is the perfect example of how a few pomegranate seeds can make a simple dish spectacular.
- 1 10.25-oz. pkg. dried udon noodles
- 1 lb. broccoli, cut into small florets (about 3 cups)
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 Tbs. toasted walnut oil, divided
- 1 12-oz. pkg. extra-firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 tsp.)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 Tbs. maple syrup
- 1 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- 5 green onions, white and green parts chopped (about 1/3 cup)
1. Cook noodles in boiling salted water 3 minutes. Add broccoli and bell pepper, and simmer 2 minutes more. Drain.
2. Heat 1 Tbs. oil in skillet over medium heat. Add tofu cubes, and cook 10 minutes, or until browned, turning occasionally. Remove from heat, add garlic, and stir 30 seconds, or until garlic is fragrant. Stir in walnuts, maple syrup, and remaining walnut oil.
3. Toss pasta mixture with tofu mixture, pomegranate seeds, and green onions.
- Calories: 337
- Carbohydrate Content: 44 g
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 185 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g