You can have all of the ingredients on hand for this pot pie and whip it up any time you need a hot, satisfying meal.
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch
- 1 1/3 cups prepared vegan creamy potato-leek soup
- 1/2 tsp. dried crushed rosemary
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 10-oz. pkg. frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1 sheet vegan puff pastry, from 17.3-oz pkg., thawed
1 Position oven racks in middle and bottom positions, and preheat oven to 450˚F.
2 Whisk 2 Tbs. cold water into cornstarch in medium saucepan. Whisk in soup, rosemary, and cumin, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium, and simmer
3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, stir in vegetables, then spread mixture in 9-inch deep-dish pie pan.
3 Unfold puff pastry, and place over vegetable mixture; allow pastry to drape over pie pan. Trim pastry edges with scissors or sharp knife so that it fits tightly in pan. Prick pastry all over with fork or knife. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until puff pastry is puffed and golden.
- Calories: 373
- Carbohydrate Content: 42 g
- Fat Content: 17 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 607 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g