Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
“I came up with this because I couldn’t find easy baked-goods recipes for vegans,” says Laurie Dolan. “I saw in a PETA newsletter a while back that you could substitute applesauce and baking powder for eggs, so I started experimenting with basic cookie, cake, and muffin recipes. One of my favorite results was this vegan blueberry muffin recipe.”
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line 1/3-cup muffin cups with paper liners, or spray with cooking spray.
2. Mix all ingredients together in mixing bowl. Spoon into muffin cups, filling three-quarters full.
3. Bake 35 minutes, or until tops are firm. Cool slightly on rack.
- Calories 200
- Carbohydrate Content 38 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 270 mg
- Sugar Content 21 g