Although it's quick and easy to make, this soup has a classic taste—like it was simmered for hours—that'll cure any workday blahs. Textured vegetable protein (TVP) is available in the bulk bins or in bags (such as Bob's Red Mill brand) at health food stores. If the soup gets too thick upon standing, thin it out with a little extra broth.
- 4 cups no-chicken broth (such as Imagine Foods)
- 1/2 cup baby carrots, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 stalk celery, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 tsp. granulated onion
- 3 oz. dry fettuccine, broken into 2-inch pieces (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 1/2 Tbs. plain TVP bits
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh parsley
1. Combine broth, carrots, celery and onion in large saucepan over medium-high heat, and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, and stir in fettuccine. Simmer, partially covered, 15 minutes. Stir in TVP and green onions.
2. Cook 5 minutes more, or until vegetables and noodles are tender. Remove from heat, stir in parsley, and season with salt and pepper.
- Calories: 71
- Carbohydrate Content: 13 g
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 554 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g