No artificial seasonings, colors, or sodium-laced instant mixes here! All the flavor comes from oven-roasted onions, a dash of soy sauce, and dried thyme.
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/2 -inch-thick slices
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 12-oz. container vegan sour cream, such as Tofutti
- 1/2 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
Preheat oven to 450˚F. Toss together onion, oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper on baking sheet. Bake 18 minutes, or until onion slices are browned. Transfer onion to bowl, and cool.
Coarsely chop onion slices, and return to bowl; stir in sour cream, soy sauce, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to serving bowl and enjoy with chips, crackers, and veggies.
- Calories: 20
- Carbohydrate Content: 1 g
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 129 mg