Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
A slice of garlic bread would never steer you wrong. It’s just the thing to accompany a bowl of soup, pasta, a salad – or pretty much anything at all. This vegan garlic bread is a classic, made using olive oil not butter, so it’s suitable for dairy-free diners. Feel free to add your plant-based cheese of choice to the top if you want something melty, though it also works well without.
Classic Vegan Garlic Bread
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Lay baguette, cut-sides up, on sheet of aluminum foil several inches longer than bread.
2. Heat olive oil in small saucepan on low heat. Add garlic, and cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until light golden. Stir in parsley and salt, and remove from heat.
3. Brush garlic mixture on both halves of bread with pastry brush. Press baguette halves back together, and wrap with foil. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until warm and fragrant. Cut crosswise with serrated knife into 8 thick pieces. Serve hot.
- Calories 154
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 242 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g