Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
This creamy, island-inspired vegan treat is fortified with flax oil for a hefty dose of anti-inflammatory omega-3 fats (one serving contains almost 2,000 mg). Mango and goji berries add antioxidants and a lovely peach blush. For a kid-friendly summer treat, pour the ice cream mixture into Popsicle molds instead of freezing in an ice cream maker.
1. Combine mango chunks, coconut milk, cane sugar, and flax oil in a blender, and puree until very smooth. Add goji berries and puree until finely chopped, but some visible bits remain.
2. Transfer to an ice cream maker and process according to directions (about 20 minutes). While ice cream is freezing, combine coconut and lime on a cutting board and finely chop into “dust.”
3. To serve, scoop ice cream into martini glasses, cups, or dessert bowls, and sprinkle with coconut-lime dust. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size 1-2 scoops
- Calories 250
- Carbohydrate Content 33 g
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 8 g
- Sodium Content 25 mg
- Sugar Content 30 g