This Vegan Mango Sherbet Is the Stuff of Summertime Dreams
The silky texture is thanks to almond creamer
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Confession: I invariably say the name of this dessert as if it sounded like “sure, Burt” even though I know perfectly well that there is no R at the end of the word. Maybe you do that, too? Well, however you pronounce it, this vegan mango sherbet is going to make you say “yum.”
The creamy, silky texture of this frozen dessert comes from using almond milk-based coffee creamer as a base. Califia Farms makes a great one that incorporates a bit of coconut cream to thicken. If you can’t do almonds, a fully coconut creamer would also work great here, or the dairy-free cream of your choice.
More Related Recipes to Try Next:
No-Churn Lime Ice Cream
Vegan Popsicles, Two Ways
Strawberry “Ice Cream” Cake
Mango and Pineapple Crumble
Vegan Mango Sherbet
- 2 1-lb. bags frozen mango chunks
- 1 1⁄2 cups almond creamer, divided
- 1⁄2 tsp. almond extract, divided
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided, plus more for dusting
- 1⁄4 tsp. cayenne pepper, divided
- 1⁄4 cup (2 oz.) vodka or tequila, optional
- Lime wedges for garnish, optional
- Blend 1 lb. mango chunks, 3⁄4 cup almond creamer, 1⁄4 tsp. almond extract, 1⁄2 tsp. cinnamon, and 1⁄8 tsp. cayenne pepper in blender or food processor until smooth, creamy, and sorbetlike. Blend in 1⁄8 cup (2 Tbs./1 shot) vodka or tequila, if using. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Serve immediately, dusted with cinnamon and garnished with lime wedge, or freeze up to 3 days. If frozen, soften 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size per 1-cup serving
- Calories 90
- Carbohydrate Content 23 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 1 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 1 mg
- Sugar Content 17 g