Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Kathryn Hostettler received honorable mention in VT’s 2009 Reader Recipe Contest for this vegan pumpkin cheesecake recipe. It’s become a go-to tofu cheesecake for the fall and winter and makes a perfect centerpiece for any holiday dessert spread. Amid the indulgence of the holiday season, the lightness of this vegan pumpkin cheesecake is a welcome way to end a rich meal.
1. To make Candied Cranberries: Prick each berry several times with needle. Bring sugar and 2 cups water to a boil in saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook 7 to 10 minutes, or until sugar reaches 230°F on candy thermometer. Add cranberries, and cook 10 minutes, or until syrup jells when dropped from tip of spoon. Remove berries with slotted spoon, and cool. Roll cranberries in sugar to coat. Set aside, or store up to 4 days.
2. To make Crust: Preheat oven to 350°F. Process graham crackers and salt into fine crumbs in food processor. Add margarine, and pulse to combine. Press mixture into bottom and halfway up sides of 9-inch springform pan.
3. To make Cheesecake Filling: Purée all ingredients in food processor 3 to 5 minutes, or until very smooth. Pour into Crust, and bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until Cheesecake Filling is set. Cool on wire rack, then chill completely in refrigerator, at least 3 hours or overnight. Slice and garnish each serving with Candied Cranberries.
- Calories 270
- Carbohydrate Content 50 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 188 mg
- Sugar Content 40 g