Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
We’ve all faced the dreaded 7 p.m., “what do we eat?” quandary. And, maybe a little too often, the answer is to just grab a delivery app and order whatever seems quick and easy. But it does not to go down like that. There are recipes that are so quick and easy, made from stuff you probably already have on hand, that are super good and satisfying. These tempeh tacos are one of those.
The whole process here just takes a couple of minutes, really. Maybe 10 to cook the tempeh filling, another two for the creamy vegan ancho-lime sauce. And then you’re well on your way to dinner happiness. Give it a chance.
More Related Recipes to Try Next:
Pati Jinich’s Vegan Chilorio Tacos with Tofu
Gluten-Free Lentil Quinoa Taco Pie Is Low-Effort, High-Reward
Tempeh Taco Bowl with Mango Salsa
Tempeh Tacos with Ancho-Lime Sauce
1. To make Sauce: Purée all ingredients and 1/4 cup water in blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
2. To make Tacos: Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add onion, and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Add tempeh, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, and stir in chili powder and cumin.
3. Serve tempeh mixture with tortillas; garnish with cabbage, salsa, and Sauce.
- Calories 214
- Carbohydrate Content 24 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 437 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g