Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Tangy, spicy salsa verde blooms when cooked, which is why it’s often used in enchiladas. Here, it coats lightly-cooked veggie chunks for a satisfying zucchini taco filling with a hint of heat.
For the salsa verde, you could make your own or use your favorite store-bought version. Feel free to swap in other squashes for the zucchini if you prefer.
Vegan Zucchini Tacos with Salsa Verde
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil.
- Add onion, and sauté 5 minutes, or until softened and browned.
- Add zucchini, salsa verde, and 3/4 cup water. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer 10 minutes, or until most of liquid has reduced, but mixture is still moist.
- Stir in cilantro, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Spoon mixture into tortillas and serve immediately