You know the scene: You’re in a Tex-Mex-ish sort of restaurant and someone at another table orders the fajitas. When that cast iron platter comes out, all steamy and sizzling, the waiter carrying it through the dining room might as well be a bottle-service girl with sparklers in the club because the effect is the same. Everyone has to turn their head and ooh and ahh and maybe kind of regret not getting fajitas themselves. Yet, as a vegetarian or vegan, you may find yourself looking down at the menu and dreading that conversation where you ask your server if you can “Get the fajitas but, no, not chicken or steak, in fact, no meat at all, just veggies, please?” But what if you could have really great vegetable fajitas yourself, any time, in your own home? Then you would never live a life regret or eye-rolls. You could have it all. And we are here to make this vision of a vegetable fajitas lifestyle your new reality.
More Related Recipes to Try Next:
Adobo Tofu & Portobello Tacos with Chunky Guacamole
- Prepare marinade in large shallow glass bowl. Add vegetables, turning to coat. Let marinate for 30 minutes or up to 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat gas grill to medium-high or prepare a hot charcoal fire. Set fine-meshed grill rack on top to heat.
- Lightly oil grill topper. Grill vegetables in batches until nicely browned and tender, turning often, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer vegetables to shallow bowl when done. When all vegetables are grilled, cut into thin strips.
- Place each tortilla on grill until warm or hot according to package directions. Transfer tortillas to serving plates. Spoon about 1 cup of vegetables onto tortillas. Top each serving with shredded vegan cheese, salsa and cilantro; roll up.
- Calories 250
- Carbohydrate Content 40 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 270 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g