This tasty version of a take-out favorite can be made in a snap with quick-cooking brown rice.
- 1 1/2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, quartered and sliced
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 8-oz. package shredded cabbage
- 4 to 5 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 16-oz. bag frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 4 to 5 scallions (white and light green parts), finely chopped
- 1 tsp. Asian sesame oil, optional
In wok or large, deep skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and ginger and stir-fry 3 minutes. Add 2 Tbs. water and cabbage.
Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
Add mixed vegetables and scallions, and stir-fry just until tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in rice and sesame oil if using. Season to taste with soy sauce and pepper. Stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Calories: 260
- Carbohydrate Content: 48 g
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 50 mg